Domilise's Half-and-Half Po'Boy
- Vegetable oil, for frying
- 9 to 12 Louisiana oysters
- 6 ounces extra-small Louisiana wild-caught shrimp (size 61/70)
- 4 ounces store-bought fish batter mix
- 16 fish fry cornmeal coating
- 11 inches French bread, such as Leidenheimer Baking Company
- 2 to 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 cup shredded iceberg lettuce
- 2 to 3 tablespoons ketchup
- 3 pickle slices
- Hot sauce
Preheat the oil in a deep fryer to 365 degrees F. Alternatively, fill a cast-iron pot halfway with oil and heat until a deep-frying thermometer inserted in the oil reaches 365 degrees F.
Dredge the shrimp in the cornmeal coating. Shake off any excess cornmeal and fry until light golden brown and crispy, 3 to 4 minutes. Dredge the oysters in the cornmeal coating. Shake off any excess cornmeal and fry until light golden brown and crispy on the outside but soft on the inside, 4 to 5 minutes.
Halve the bread lengthwise. Spread the mayonnaise on the top half of the bread, then add the lettuce, ketchup, pickle slices and some hot sauce. On the bottom half of the bread, place the oysters on one side and the shrimp on the other. Close the two bread halves and slice the sandwich in half to serve.
This recipe was provided by a chef, restaurant or culinary professional and may have been scaled down from a bulk recipe. The Food Network Kitchens have not tested it for home use and therefore cannot make any representation as to the results.