- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 pounds shaved elk meat
- 1/4 cup dried chanterelle mushrooms, rehydrated and boiled for 1 hour
- 1 tablespoon juniper berries, crushed
- 1/2 cup creme fraiche
- 1/4 cup lingonberries, plus more for garnish
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- Mashed potatoes, for serving
- Chopped fresh parsley
Melt the butter in a pan (preferably cast iron) and add the elk, mushrooms, juniper and some salt and pepper. Stir -fry until the meat is cooked, and then add the creme fraiche and lingonberries and fry for another few minutes. Serve over mashed potatoes, garnished with lingonberries and chopped parsley.
This recipe was provided by a chef, restaurant or culinary professional and may have been scaled down from a bulk recipe. The Food Network Kitchens chefs have not tested this recipe, in the proportions indicated, and therefore, we cannot make any representation as to the results.