Flounder and Vegetable Parcels
- 6 (5-ounce) frozen flounder fillets (or other white fish fillets)
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 6 (12 by 20-inch) pieces aluminum foil
- 1 medium zucchini (about 1/2 pound, sliced into thin rounds)
- 2 small carrots, sliced into thin rounds
- 1 medium red bell pepper, seeded and diced small (about 1 cup)
- 3 medium shallots, thinly sliced (about 1/2 cup)
- 3/4 cup dry white wine or water
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 lemon, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup finely chopped fresh parsley leaves
- 3 cups brown rice, cooked (1 cup dry rice)
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
Season the fish fillets with the salt and pepper. Place 1 fish fillet at the center of each piece of foil. Evenly distribute the zucchini, carrot, bell pepper, and shallots among the 4 packets. Sprinkle each fillet with 2 tablespoons of the wine and 1/2 tablespoons of the oil. Top each fillet with 3 lemon slices. Seal the packets securely, leaving a little room to allow the fish to steam. Transfer the packets to a baking sheet and bake for 15 minutes.
Stir the parsley into the cooked rice. Divide the rice evenly onto 4 serving plates. Remove the fish packets from the oven and carefully open them. Remove the lemon slices. Serve the fish topped with the vegetables and juices over the rice and garnish with fresh chives.
Per Serving: Calories 355; Total Fat 10g (Sat Fat 1.5g, Mono Fat 6g, Poly Fat 1.5g); Protein 30g; Carb 31g; Fiber 3.5g; Cholesterol 70mg; Sodium 430mg
Excellent Source of: Niacin, Vitamin D, Phosphorus, Selenium, Vitamin A, Vitamin B6, Vitamin B12, Vitamin C, Protein, Potassium, Vitamin K, Magnesium, Manganese
Good Source of: Fiber, Thiamin, Riboflavin, Folate, Pantothenic Acid, Iron, Zinc