Mexican Tortilla Pizza
- 4 corn tortillas, or whole-wheat tortillas (6-inches in diameter)
- 1/2 cup Black Bean Dip, recipe follows
- 1 large tomato, seeded and diced
- 1 cup shredded green cabbage
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro leaves
BLACK BEAN DIP:
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 medium onion, diced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon minced jalapeno pepper
- 1 (15-ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 tablespoons coarsely chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 tablespoon water
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
Place the tortillas onto a baking sheet and spread 2 tablespoons of black bean dip on top of each tortilla. Top with tomato and cabbage and bake for 10 minutes. Remove the pizzas from the oven and sprinkle some cilantro on each one. Allow to cool slightly before cutting into wedges.
Heat the oil in a skillet over a medium heat. Add onions and saute until they soften, about 2 minutes. Stir in the garlic and jalapeno and cook for 1 minute more.
Put the beans into a food processor. Add the onion mixture and the rest of the ingredients and puree until smooth.
Yield: 1 cup