Poached Salmon with Lemon Mint Tzatziki
- 2 cups dry white wine
- 2 cups water
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 sprigs flat-leaf parsley
- 2 lemons, unpeeled, sliced
- 1 (2 pound) salmon fillet with skin
- 1 scallion, top only, thinly sliced
- 1 cup Lemon Mint Tzatziki, recipe follows
Add the salmon, skin side down. Add more water, if necessary, to cover the salmon. Cover the skillet and simmer over a low heat until the fish is just cooked through, about 8 minutes.
Transfer the fish to a plate, cover it and chill it completely in the refrigerator, about 3 hours.
Seed and coarsely grate the cucumber. Drain it well. In a medium bowl, stir together the thickened yogurt and olive oil. Stir in the cucumber, lemon juice, garlic, zest and mint. Season with salt and pepper, to taste, and serve.
Yield: 1 cup