Roast Beef Sandwich with Watercress and Horseradish Mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup nonfat Greek style yogurt or 1/3 cup regular, plain nonfat yogurt
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup prepared white horseradish, squeezed of excess juice (about 3 tablespoons)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 bunch watercress, thick stems removed
- 8 slices whole-grain pumpernickel bread
- 12 ounces lean roast beef, thinly sliced
- 2 medium tomatoes sliced
- 1/2 small red onion, thinly sliced
Combine thickened or Greek-style yogurt, mayonnaise, horseradish and salt and pepper in a small bowl and stir to incorporate.
Place 1/4 cup watercress each on 4 slices of bread and drizzle with 2 tablespoons horseradish mayonnaise. Layer with 3 ounces roast beef per sandwich, tomato slices and onion slices. Top with another slice of bread and wrap in waxed paper, then aluminum foil.