- 5 tablespoons buttermilk
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons minced green onion tops
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground white pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon Emeril's Essence Creole Seasoning, recipe follows, optional
Whisk the buttermilk, mayonnaise, sour cream, minced green onion tops, lemon juice, minced garlic, lemon zest, salt, pepper, and Creole seasoning, if using, together in a nonreactive mixing bowl. Use the dressing immediately, or store in a covered nonreactive container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Combine all ingredients thoroughly.
Yield: 2/3 cup
Recipe from "New New Orleans Cooking", by Emeril Lagasse and Jessie Tirsch, published by William Morrow, 1993.