- 1 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2/3 cup sherry vinegar
- 1/8 cup sherry
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 3 tablespoons minced garlic (about 9 cloves)
- 1/2 medium red onion, quartered
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
Combine the olive oil, vinegar, sherry, lemon juice, parsley, basil, garlic, red onion, cilantro, and oregano in a food processor, and pulse until well blended. Cook's Note: Do not puree. Stir in the kosher salt, black pepper, and crushed red pepper.
Transfer the sauce to a nonreactive bowl, cover it with plastic wrap, and set it aside for at least 2 hours and up to 6 hours at room temperature. The sauce will keep in an airtight nonreactive container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.