Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Dijon Herb Sauce
- 4 (6 to 8-ounce) boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 teaspoon salt, plus more to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground white pepper, plus more to taste
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped shallot
- 3 cloves garlic, sliced
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 cup heavy cream*
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh tarragon
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh parsley
- *Cook's Note: For a lighter version use 2 percent fat Greek Yogurt
Season the chicken on both sides with the salt, and white pepper. Heat the olive oil in a 12-inch saute pan over medium-high heat. Place the chicken in the pan, and cook until golden, about 4 minutes per side.
Increase the heat to high, add the shallot, garlic, white wine, salt, and pepper, to taste, and continue to cook until the chicken is just cooked through, about 4 minutes. Remove the chicken breasts and set aside.