Tomato and Anchovy Bruschetta
- 30 (1/2-inch) slices French or Italian bread
- 9 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 5 medium tomatoes, seeded and small diced
- 2 tablespoons basil chiffonade, plus more for garnishing
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley leaves
- 1/2 lemon, zested
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 4 anchovy fillets, finely minced
- Grated Parmesan, optional
Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F.
Place the slices of French bread on a baking sheet and lightly brush on both sides with 4 tablespoons of the olive oil. Season with 1/4 teaspoon of the salt and 1/8 teaspoon of the pepper. Bake until lightly golden and crispy, about 20 minutes. Set aside to cool.
While the toasts are baking combine the olive oil, 1/2 teaspoo salt, 1/8 teaspoon pepper, tomatoes, basil, parsley, lemon zest and juice, garlic, and anchovies in a nonreactive bowl and toss to blend.
Serve each toast with a heaping tablespoon of the tomato mixture and garnish with grated Parmesan, if desired.