Emiliano's Tuna Machaca
- 2 tablespoons/30 ml canola oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 pounds/675 g fresh tuna, cut in chunks
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 1 poblano chile, finely chopped
- 2 tomatoes, seeded and sliced
- A few sprigs fresh oregano, leaves finely chopped
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Tortillas, warmed, for serving
- Lime wedges, for serving
Heat the oil in a wok or a nonstick pan. Add the garlic, then add the tuna and cook for 3 to 4 minutes, breaking the pieces as it cooks. Add the onions and poblano chile and continue cooking for 2 minutes. Add the tomatoes and oregano. Season with salt and pepper.
Serve warm with tortillas and a squeeze of lime.
Cook's Note: Chuck uses a disca on the show, but a wok will get the job done too!