Everything Bagel Arctic Char Gravlax
- 1/3 cup kosher salt
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon dried minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon dried minced onion
- 1/2 teaspoon poppy seeds, plus more for garnish
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame seeds, plus more for garnish
- Finely grated zest of 1 lemon
- 2 skin-on arctic char fillets (about 1 pound each)
- 2 tablespoons vodka
- Bagel chips, for serving
- Sour cream or cream cheese, for serving
- Sliced scallions, for garnish
Mix together the salt, sugar, dried minced garlic, dried minced onion, poppy seeds, sesame seeds and zest. Place the fish, skin-side-down, on a long piece of plastic wrap. Splash with the vodka, and then pack the salt mixture on top of the exposed flesh. Sandwich the fillets together, wrap well in plastic wrap, place on a baking sheet or baking dish and refrigerate for about 1 day.
Remove the fish from the wrap, rinse well and pat dry. Slice the gravlax very thinly at an angle leaving the skin behind (see Cook's Note). Serve on bagel chips topped with sour cream or cream cheese. Garnish with poppy seeds, sesame seeds and sliced scallions.