Farm Egg and Asparagus Salad
- Brown Butter Vinaigrette:
- 10 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 shallot, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon sherry vinegar
- 2 tablespoons toasted hazelnuts, chopped
- Farm Egg and Asparagus Salad:
- Kosher salt
- 8 stalks asparagus, trimmed
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 1 large farm egg
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated Pecorino
- 1 tablespoon toasted hazelnuts, roughly chopped
For the brown butter vinaigrette: Heat 2 tablespoons of butter in a small saute pan over medium heat. Add the shallot and cook, stirring occasionally, until caramelized, about 15 minutes.
For the farm egg and asparagus salad: Bring a pot of salted water to a boil. Add the asparagus and cook just until tender. Plunge in an ice bath to stop the cooking. Remove to a plate lined with a paper towel.
Heat a grill to high heat. Grill the asparagus until cooked through and set aside on a warmed plate.
Add the oil to a second small nonstick pan over medium heat. Add the egg and cook just until the white sets, 2 to 3 minutes. Place the egg on the asparagus and top with the brown butter vinaigrette, Pecorino and hazelnuts.