Farmers' Market Pasta
- 2 ears corn, shucked and cleaned, cut into 2 or 3 pieces
- 1 pound short-cut pasta, such as penne or gemelli
- 1 pint grape or cherry tomatoes, halved
- 8 ounces refrigerated crab meat (whichever grade you like), picked clean of shell pieces
- 15 leaves basil, roughly chopped or torn
- 3 to 4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup shaved pecorino cheese
Place a large pot of salted water over high heat to boil.
Drop the corn into the boiling water and cook until bright yellow and tender, 5 minutes. Remove the corn to a plate and let cool. Drop the pasta into the boiling water and cook to al dente according to package directions.
While the pasta is cooking, add the tomatoes, crab, and basil to a large mixing bowl. When the corn is cool enough to handle, cut the kernels off from the cobs and add them to the bowl.
When the pasta is ready, drain it well and add it to the mixing bowl with the vegetables and crab. Drizzle in the oil, season with salt and pepper, and toss well to combine. Serve the pasta warm or at room temperature garnished with the cheese.