Farmers' Market Vegetable Soup
- 2 Yukon Gold potatoes, scrubbed and cut into 1/2 inch dice
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 2 celery stalks, thinly sliced
- 6 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 large tomatoes, halved, seeded, and diced
- 2 zucchini, halved lengthwise and sliced
- 3/4 pound green beans, trimmed and cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 cup fresh or frozen peas
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
Add tomatoes, zucchini, beans, peas, oregano, salt, and pepper to pot; cook, stirring occasionally, until vegetables are tender, about 10 minutes longer. Remove pot from heat and stir in basil. Serve sprinkled with Parmesan.
PER SERVING (1 1/3 cups and 1 tablespoon cheese): 135 Cal, 3 g Total Fat, 1 g Sat Fat, 0 g Trans Fat, 4 mg Chol, 326 mg Sod, 22 g Carb, 7 g Sugar, 6 g Fib, 10 g Prot, 122mg Calc.
Reprinted with permission from Weight Watchers One Pot Cookbook, copyright (c) 2011. Published by Wiley.