Fir Tree and Calamondin Hot Toddy
- 1/2 cup white rum
- 1/2 ounce fresh echinacea root or 1/3 ounce dried
- Hot Toddy:
- 1/2 cup fir needles from the Fraser fir (Abies fraseri) or Norway Spruce (Picea abies)
- 2 tablespoons eucalyptus honey
- Pinch freshly ground black pepper
- 3 calamondin oranges or 1 lime, sliced
- 1 star anise
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 teaspoon unsalted butter
For the echinacea-infused rum: Combine the rum and echinacea root in a jar and cover and let steep in a cool, dark place for 2 weeks. Strain out the rum and bottle up.
For adults, drink 1 cup only in the evening or before bedtime. Best made fresh to drink immediately.
NotesCook's Note: The rum will keep in a cool, dark place for up to 1 year.
The content of this program is for entertainment purposes only, and is not intended as medical advice. Always consult a professional healthcare provider before trying any form of therapy or if you have any questions or concerns about a medical condition. The use of natural products can be toxic if misused, and even when suitably used, certain individuals could have adverse reactions.