Florida Black Grouper all' Acqua Pazza
- 3 tablespoon grapeseed oil
- Four 6-ounces portions Florida black grouper
- 12 Florida gulf shrimp (16/20 count), peeled and deveined
- Salt and pepper
- 3 cloves garlic, sliced
- 2 bay leaves
- Pinch of crushed red chile flakes
- 4 ounces white wine
- 12 ounces marinara sauce
- 4 to 6 ounces fish broth or light chicken broth
- Cooked pasta of your choice, for serving.
Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F.
In a large oven-proof saute pan, heat the grapeseed oil over medium-high heat to nearly smoking. Meanwhile, season the grouper and shrimp with salt and pepper. Carefully place the grouper in the pan and sear over a medium-high heat to allow the fish to caramelize to a golden brown color. Carefully flip the fish over and add the shrimp to the pan. Cook for about 1 minute, lower the heat and add the sliced garlic, bay leaves and chile flakes.
Cook the garlic to a nice golden brown, for about 1 minute, then deglaze the pan with the white wine. Cook until the wine is reduced by half. Add the marinara and fish broth and cook until the sauce is slightly reduced, 3 to 4 minutes. Transfer the pan to the oven and cook until the fish is fully cooked, about 8 to 10 minutes. Serve hot over pasta of your choice.