- 1/4 cup white vinegar
- 2/3 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1/2 tablespoon crushed red pepper
- 1/2 tablespoon kosher salt
- 7 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1 1/2 bunches fresh flat-leaf parsley, stemmed
- Juice of 1 fresh ripe lime
- 3/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- One 12-ounce skinless fillet snakehead, sliced into 1-inch-thick slices
- Grilled Corn Salsa:
- 4 1/2 ounces onion, small dice
- 2 ears corn, grilled until blistered, kernels removed
- Juice of 2 ripe limes
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and finely diced
- 1/4 bunch fresh cilantro, stemmed and roughly chopped
- Kosher salt
- Slaw:1 1/2 cups mayonnaise
- 1/8 cup sugar
- 1/8 cup white vinegar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons chipotle in adobo, pureed
- 1/2 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1/2 head cabbage, shaved
- Canola oil, for cooking fish
- Kosher salt
- Grilled 6-inch tortillas, for serving
- Fried sweet potato sticks, for serving
- Lime slices, for serving
Cook's Note: If snakehead is not available, it can be substituted with blue catfish, another invasive fish widely available in markets or any other white fleshed fish.
For the chimichurri marinade: Combine the vinegar, oregano, crushed red pepper, salt, garlic, parsley and lime juice in a food processor. Slowly add in the olive oil while blending.
Cover the snakehead with the desired amount of chimichurri marinade and refrigerate while preparing the Slaw and Grilled Corn Salsa.
For the grilled corn salsa: Combine the onions, corn, lime juice, jalapeno and cilantro in a mixing bowl and season with salt. Taste and adjust the seasoning as necessary.
For the slaw: Whisk together the mayonnaise, sugar, vinegar, chipotle and lime juice in a bowl until combined. Slowly add the slaw mix to the cabbage until desired consistency is reached. If you would like more heat, add more chipotle puree.
For assembly: Heat a saute pan over high heat and coat with oil. Once the pan is hot and the oil slides freely across the pan, place the snakehead in the pan and sprinkle with salt. Cook until tender to the touch and the fish begins to flake when pushed with a spatula. This fish cooks extremely fast!
Place the grilled tortillas on a plate and top with the snakehead, Grilled Corn Salsa, Slaw and fried sweet potato sticks. Garnish with lime slices.
This recipe was provided by a chef, restaurant or culinary professional and may have been scaled down from a bulk recipe. The Food Network Kitchens chefs have not tested this recipe, in the proportions indicated, and therefore, we cannot make any representation as to the results.