Garden Fresh Salad
- 1 (7-ounce) package baby salad greens
- 2 cups croutons
- 1 (15-ounce can) cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 red pepper, halved, seeded and julienned
- 1 carrot, julienned
- 1/2 small cucumber, julienned
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Citrus Vinaigrette
- Zest and juice of 1/2 lemon
- Zest and juice of 1/2 orange
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
For the salad:
Combine the salad greens, croutons, beans, red pepper, carrot, and cucumber in a large bowl. Season the salad with salt, and pepper, taste.
For the vinaigrette:
Combine the zest and juice of both the lemon and orange, honey, mustard, and coriander in a large bowl and whisk together. Slowly drizzle in the olive oil while continuing to whisk. Season the vinaigrette with salt and pepper, to taste.
Cook's Note: Vinaigrette will last up to a week in the refrigerator stored in an airtight container.
Add the vinaigrette to the salad and toss thoroughly to coat. Serve immediately.