- 1 1/2 pounds Kirby cucumbers, ends scrubbed
- 3 tablespoons kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 1/4 cups distilled white vinegar (5 percent acidity)
- 2 tablespoons whole coriander seeds
- 1 teaspoon whole black peppercorns
- 1 teaspoon allspice berries
- 2 cups water, plus more if necessary
- 4 to 6 long red or green hot chiles, halved lengthwise
- 6 large garlic cloves, halved
Pack the cucumbers into 2 quart-size jars.
Close the lid and shake until the salt and sugar are dissolved.
Add the 2 cups of water and pour the brine over the pickles.
Tuck the chiles and garlic between the cucumbers.
Add enough water just to cover the pickles and keep them submerged. Cover and refrigerate overnight. Can be stored in fridge only for up to 2 months.