Grilled Tuscan Steak with Fried Egg and Goat Cheese
- 4 (8 ounce) rib-eye steaks
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons herbs de Provence
- 2 tablespoons, plus 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 4 eggs
- 2 ounces goat cheese, crumbled
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley leaves
Place a grill pan over medium-high heat or preheat a gas or charcoal grill. Season the steaks with salt and pepper. Sprinkle both sides of each steak with the herbs de Provence. Drizzle with 2 tablespoons of the olive oil. Grill for about 6 to 8 minutes per side for medium-rare. Remove the steaks from the heat and allow to rest.
Meanwhile, in a medium skillet, heat the remaining olive oil over medium-high heat. Crack the eggs directly into the pan, seasoning quickly with salt and pepper. Cook until egg whites are set, about 2 to 3 minutes.
To serve: Place the steaks on 4 serving plates. Carefully place the eggs on top of each steak. Sprinkle with the crumbled goat cheese. Garnish with the chopped parsley and serve.