Roasted Potatoes, Carrots, Parsnips and Brussels Sprouts
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 medium carrots (about 3/4 pound), cut into 1 1/2-inch thick circles
- 1 1/2 cups Brussels sprouts (about 1/2 pound), halved
- 4 cups red bliss potatoes (about 1 pound), cut into 1 1/2-inch thick slices
- 3 medium parsnips (about1 pound), cut into 1 1/2-inch thick slices
- 1 cup sweet potatoes (about 1 pound), cut into 1 1/2-inch thick slices
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon dried rosemary
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
Grease an 11 by 17-inch baking sheet pan with extra-virgin olive oil. Place vegetables in baking sheet and add the dried herbs, salt and pepper. Toss well, evenly coating all the vegetables with the seasonings and oil. Add more oil if the vegetables seem dry
Spread the vegetables evenly on a large baking sheet. Place on middle rack in oven and bake for 35 to 40 minutes.