Whole-Wheat Linguine with Shrimp, Asparagus, and Cherry Tomatoes
- 1 pound whole-wheat linguine
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 large garlic cloves, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 pints cherry tomatoes, stemmed and halved
- 1/2 cup dry white wine, such as pinot grigio
- 1 pound asparagus, stalks cut on the diagonal into 1- to 1 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 pound large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh mint leaves
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh basil leaves
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh oregano leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil over high heat. Add the pasta and cook, stirring occasionally, until tender but still firm to the bite, 8 to 10 minutes. Drain and transfer to a large bowl.
Meanwhile, in a large, deep skillet, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Add the garlic and red pepper flakes. Stir until aromatic, 30 seconds. Add the tomatoes and cook, stirring occasionally, until they soften, about 2 minutes. Using a fork, lightly mash the tomatoes. Add the wine and asparagus. Bring to a boil, lower the heat, and simmer for 5 minutes. Add the shrimp and continue to simmer until the shrimp are cooked through, 5 to 7 minutes. Stir in the mint, basil, oregano, salt, and pepper.
Pour the sauce over the pasta and toss to combine. Serve immediately.