Ginger Sesame Chicken Wings
- 3 tablespoons ground ginger
- 2 tablespoons white sesame seeds
- 1/2 cup chili sauce, such as Lingham's
- 3 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce, such as Yuen Chun
- 3 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 3 tablespoons peanut oil
- 2 tablespoons sweet soy sauce, such as Yuen Chun
- 2 pounds chicken wings
- 4 green onions, sliced
In a medium skillet over low heat, combine the ginger and sesame seeds and toast until aromatic, about 2 minutes.
Place the chicken wings in a large glass bowl, pour the marinade over the chicken and mix well to coat each piece. Allow the chicken to marinate in the refrigerator for at least 24 hours, preferably 48. The longer the meat marinates, the better it tastes.
When ready to cook the wings, preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with foil.
Transfer the chicken wings to the baking sheet and discard the marinade. Bake until the wings are cooked thoroughly, 45 minutes to 1 hour. Transfer to a serving platter and garnish with the green onions.