Green Curry Shrimp Dumplings
- 24 small raw shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 teaspoons green curry paste
- 2 tablespoons full-fat coconut milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons chopped serrano peppers
- 1/2 cup chopped scallions
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- 15 to 20 round dumpling wrappers
- Napa cabbage leaves, banana leaves or parchment paper, for the bottom of the steamer
PONZU DIPPING SAUCE:
Place shrimp, green curry paste, coconut milk and salt in a food processor and give it a few pulses, until all ingredients are just combined. Transfer to a medium-sized bowl, and stir in sesame oil, serrano peppers, scallions and cilantro. Chill for 10 minutes before assembling dumplings.
Spoon up to 1 tablespoon of filling into each dumpling wrapper. Use your fingers to dab a bit of water around the edges of each wrapper. Fold the wrappers in half, over the filling, and pinch the edges shut.
Prepare your bamboo steamer by placing banana leaves, napa cabbage leaves or parchment paper on the bottom to prevent the dumplings from sticking. Place dumplings in the steamer with enough space between them so that they are not touching.
Steam dumplings in bamboo steamer over simmering water for 10 to 12 minutes. You can also steam them in a large skillet with 1/4 to 1/2 inch water at the bottom.
Serve with ponzu dipping sauce.