Grilled Lamb Rib Chops
- 16 to 20 lamb rib chops
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground star anise
- 1 teaspoon ground black peppercorns
- 1 teaspoon ground fennel seeds
- 3 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1/3 cup plus 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Habenero, cut in 4 pieces
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Sweet and Sour Onion Compote, recipe follows
Prepare lamb chops by removing excess fat from rib bone. Prepare glaze by mixing allspice, cinnamon, star anise, black peppercorns, fennel seeds, minced garlic, olive oil, soy sauce, honey, and the habenero in a bowl. Reserve 1/4 of this mixture for finishing glaze on cooked meat. Marinate chops overnight, refrigerated. Season marinated chops with salt and pepper and cook on hot grill about 3 minutes on each side or until medium rare. Brush with reserved glaze. Serve with Sweet and Sour Onion Compote.
Place ingredients in saucepan and bring to a boil, reduce heat to low and allow to cook for about 1 hour or until liquid evaporates.