Grilled Shrimp and Greek Bread Cheese
- 16 large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- Salt and ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
- 1 pint cherry or Campari tomatoes, halved
- 2 Kirby or 4 Persian cucumbers, thinly sliced
- 1 cup assorted pitted olives
- 2 tablespoons high-quality extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for drizzling
- 1 lemon, divided
- One 10- to 12-ounce block bread cheese, sliced into four pieces
Thread 4 shrimp onto two skewers for each serving. Season the shrimp with the dried oregano and some salt and pepper and drizzle with 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil. Grill the shrimp, turning occasionally, until pink in color and cooked through, about 5 minutes total.
While the shrimp are on the grill, in a medium bowl toss together the tomatoes, cucumbers, olives, olive oil, juice of half the lemon, and some salt and pepper. Let the salad marinate for 5 minutes. Cut the remaining lemon half into wedges
Once the shrimp come off the grill, brush both sides of the bread cheese slices with the remaining vegetable oil and grill just until softened, about 20 seconds per side.