Hawaiian Hot Dog
- 1 cup cut-up mango
- 6 sweet peppers in assorted colors, cut into large pieces
- 1/2 red onion, cut into large pieces
- 1/4 pineapple, cut into large pieces
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- Kosher salt and black pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh Italian parsley
- 2 teaspoons thinly sliced green onions
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon Cajun seasoning
HAWAIIAN HOT DOG:
- 10 King's Hawaiian Hot Dog Buns
- 10 hot dogs
For the Hawaiian salsa: Prepare a grill for medium-high heat.
Place the mango, sweet peppers, red onion and pineapple in a large bowl, toss with the oil and season with salt and pepper to taste. Grill the fruits and vegetables until they are beginning to char in spots, about 3 minutes per side. Allow to cool slightly and then cut the mango, sweet peppers, red onion and pineapple into 1/2-inch cubes. Add to a large bowl along with the Italian parsley, green onions, honey and Cajun seasoning. Toss to combine, and set aside.
For the Hawaiian hot dog: Toast the Kings Hawaiian Hot Dog Buns for a minute or so over medium-high heat on the grill and set aside. Grill the hot dogs, moving them until beginning to char in spots, 6 to 7 minutes. Place the grilled hot dogs in the toasted buns, and top with the Hawaiian salsa.