Honeyed Chicken Legs
- 6 whole chicken legs, skinned
- 4 carrots, sliced thick
- 1 large onion, cut into 1/8-inch pieces
- 1 navel orange, cut into 1/8ths
- 1 tablespoon herbes de Provence
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt or Cavender's Greek seasoning
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, or to taste
- Hot pepper sauce, to taste
- 2 zucchini, sliced
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Arrange chicken in an oiled baking dish and surround with the carrots, onion and orange. Sprinkle the chicken and vegetables with the herbes de Provence and seasoned salt.
In a small bowl combine the honey and mustard and brush the mixture over the chicken. Drizzle the chicken and vegetables with the oil and sprinkle with hot pepper sauce. Bake, covered with foil, basting occasionally, for 45 minutes. Uncover, add zucchini, and bake for an additional 20 minutes or until juices from chicken run clear and vegetables are tender. If desired, run under a preheated broiler about 4 inches from the heat until golden.