- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed with press
- 1 tablespoon chipotle sauce or other hot sauce, plus additional for serving
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 can (28-ounce) tomatoes in juice, drained and chopped
- 1 can (15- to 19-ounce) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup (loosely packed) fresh cilantro leaves, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon margarine or butter
- 4 large eggs
- 4 (6-inch) corn tortillas, warmed
- 1 avocado (optional), sliced
- Nutritional Information (per serving): Calories: 315; Total Fat: 12 g; Saturated Fat: 3 g; Cholesterol: 213 mg; Sodium: 765 mg; Total Carbohydrate: 42 g; Dietary Fiber: 10 g; Protein: 15 g;
In 4-quart saucepan, heat oil on medium until hot. Add onion and garlic, and cook 8 minutes or until beginning to brown. Stir in chipotle sauce and cumin; cook 30 seconds, stirring. Add tomatoes; cover and cook 3 minutes to blend flavors, stirring occasionally. Stir in beans, half of cilantro, and 1/4 teaspoon salt; heat through, about 3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Meanwhile, in 12-inch nonstick skillet, melt margarine on medium. Crack eggs, 1 at a time, and drop into skillet. Cover skillet and cook eggs 4 to 5 minutes or until whites are set and yolks thicken.
Place tortillas on 4 dinner plates; top each with some tomato mixture and 1 egg. Sprinkle with remaining cilantro. Serve with avocado and additional hot sauce if you like.