- 1 3/4 cups quinoa
- 2 1/2 cups water
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons canned chopped green chiles (leftovers will keep in the refrigerator for up to a month, can be used for additions to scrambled eggs, homemade pizza, etc.)
- 1 tablespoons adobo seasoning
- 3 tablespoons flat-leaf parsley, roughly chopped, plus more for garnish
Put the quinoa it in a medium saucepan, add the water and let it cook for 15 to 20 minutes or until the quinoa is puffed and the water is absorbed. Fluff with a fork.
In a separate large frying pan, heat the oil and the butter over medium-high heat until butter is melted. Add the onion, green pepper, and garlic, and green pepper and cook. Stir until the onion is transparent; approximately 5 to 7 minutes.