ROOSTICA PIZZA SAUCE:
- One 28-ounce can San Marzano tomatoes
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons ground pepper
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- 1/4 cup fresh basil leaves, torn
- Basil Parsley Chimichurri:
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1 cup fresh oregano leaves
- 1 cup fresh parsley leaves
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 4 cloves garlic
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Island Pie:
- 10 ounces pizza dough, rolled into a ball
- All-purpose flour, for dusting
- 2 tablespoons grated Pecorino Romano
- 1 tablespoon fresh garlic, chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 4 ounces Stock Island spiny lobster tail, poached and chopped
- 4 ounces shrimp, chopped
- 4 ounces squid, poached
- 2 ounces clams, cooked
- Extra-virgin olive oil, for drizzling
Special equipment: a pizza stone; a pizza peel
For the pizza sauce: Work the tomatoes through a food mill into a large bowl. Mix in the oil, pepper and salt. Gently stir in the basil.
For the chimichurri: In the bowl of a food processor add the basil, oil, oregano, parsley, vinegar, lemon juice and garlic, and process until the mixture achieves a rustic, chunky texture. Season with salt and pepper.
For the pizza: Place a pizza stone in the oven and preheat to 550 degrees F for at least 20 minutes.
Stretch the dough into a 10-inch round disk on a floured pizza peel. Spread 4 ounces of the pizza sauce evenly onto the dough and sprinkle the Pecorino Romano, garlic and oregano over the top. Dress with the lobster, shrimp, squid and clams and a drizzle of olive oil.
Slide the pizza from the peel onto the pizza stone and bake until bubbly and golden brown, 2 to 5 minutes. Top the cooked pizza with 2 ounces of the chimichurri, then slice and serve.