Jaime's Chorizo Enchiladas
- 2 pounds/1 kg ground pork
- 1/4 cup/60 ml red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon/15 ml smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon/5 ml coriander seeds, grounded
- 1 teaspoon/5 ml cumin seeds, grounded
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- A few sprigs fresh oregano, chopped
- 2 guajillo chiles, rehydrated and seeded
- 1 ancho chile, rehydrated and seeded
- 1 teaspoon/5 ml salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons/30 ml olive oil
- Refried beans
- Pico de gallo
- Queso fresco cheese
For the chorizo: Using a food processor, process the pork, vinegar, smoked paprika, coriander, cumin, garlic, oregano and chiles until combined. Sprinkle with the salt and some pepper.
In a large skillet, heat the oil over medium-high heat and cook, stirring, until the meat is cooked through, about 10 minutes. Add a little water to keep the meat moist if necessary.
Serve on tortillas with refried beans, pico de gallo and cheese.
Cook's Note: Add some salsa and cheese at the end of cooking the meat to maximize the flavors and bring moisture to the meat.