- 1 pound homemade or store-bought pizza dough, at room temperature
- All-purpose flour or cornmeal, for dusting
- 1 cup Pesto Sauce, recipe follows
- 2 to 3 cups shredded mozzarella
- About 40 slices pepperoni
- 1 jalapeno pepper, sliced
- 1 pinch dried oregano
- 1 pinch Parmesan
Special equipment: pizza peel; pizza stone
Roll out the dough on a lightly floured surface to a 14-inch circle.
Spoon the Pesto Sauce onto the center of the crust and spread evenly over the crust with a spatula, leaving 1 inch of the outer crust unsauced. Scatter the mozzarella evenly over the pesto sauce base. Layer the pepperoni slices over the mozzarella layer. Add the jalapeno slices to the pizza.
Remove from the oven, and sprinkle the oregano and Parmesan over the top of the pizza. Cut into pieces and serve.
Place the basil, oil, pine nuts, salt, pepper and garlic into a food processor. Blend on medium until the sauce is fairly smooth. Transfer the basil mixture into a bowl, add the Parmesan and mix well. Yield: 1 cup.