Jerk Chicken Sliders with Pineapple Cilantro Slaw
- Jerk Marinated Chicken:
- 1/2 cup cider vinegar
- 2 scotch bonnet chiles or habaneros, seeds left in and roughly chopped
- 1 red onion, roughly chopped
- 4 green onion tops, chopped
- 2 tablespoons blackstrap molasses
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 teaspoons ground allspice
- 4 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 4 teaspoons ground nutmeg
- 4 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 tablespoon dried thyme or 2 tablespoons fresh thyme leaves, chopped
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
- 3 pounds boneless skinless chicken leg and/or thigh meat
- Pineapple Cilantro Slaw:
- 1/2 head Napa or Chinese cabbage, thinly sliced
- 1 bunch cilantro, chopped
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 cup diced pineapple
- 1 cup julienned carrot
- 4 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 12 slider buns
Marinate the chicken: Blend together the vinegar, chiles, red and green onion, molasses, olive oil, allspice, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger thyme, salt, and black pepper in a food processor until smooth. Coat the chicken with the marinade and store covered in refrigerator at least 8 hours and up to 3 days. The marinade can be made up to 2 weeks ahead and stored in refrigerator.
Make the pineapple cilantro slaw: Mix together the cabbage, cilantro, red onion, pineapple, carrot, vinegar, and sugar in a bowl. Add salt and pepper to taste and allow the mixture to marinate 3 hours in the refrigerator.
Heat a grill to medium-high heat. Cook the chicken until fully cooked, about 5 minutes per side. Dice the meat and divide it among the buns. Top the sliders with the pineapple cilantro slaw or serve it as a side.
This recipe was provided by a chef, restaurant or culinary professional and may have been scaled down from a bulk recipe. The Food Network Kitchens have not tested it for home use and therefore cannot make any representation as to the results.