Jerry Simmons' Chili Verde
- 1 1/2 teaspoons granulated garlic
- 2 tablespoons powdered chicken base
- 1 teaspoon ground oregano
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
30 MINUTES TO GO SPICE MIX:
- 6 ounces hot green chiles
- 2 tablespoons powdered green chiles
10 MINUTES TO GO SPICE MIX:
Add garlic, chicken base, oregano, cornstarch, and cumin. Cook until the meat is tender, about 30 minutes to one hour. Add water as needed to keep meat covered.
Add hot green chiles and powdered green chiles, cook for 20 minutes. Add green chiles, powdered jalapenos, salsa verde, Mexican sauce, cumin, and cilantro, cook for 10 more minutes. Adjust seasoning and consistency, making sure its thick enough.