- 1 cup puffed rice ("Muri")
- 1/4 cup chickpea flour noodles (" Sev")
- 1/4 cup fried lentils (" Channa Dal")
- 1/4 cup roasted peanuts with skin, crushed
- 1/2 cup mung bean sprouts
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh coriander leaves, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh coconut meat, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger root, chopped
- 1 tomato, chopped
- 1/2 medium cucumber, chopped
- 1/4 mild onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon tamarind sauce
- 2 teaspoons fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon mustard oil
- Pinch chaat masala
- Pinch garam masala
Combine the puffed rice, chickpea flour noodles, fried lentils and peanuts in a large bowl. Stir in the mung bean sprouts, cilantro, coriander leaves, coconut, ginger, tomato, cucumber and onions to combine. Add the tamarind sauce, lime juice, mustard oil, chaat masala and garam masala and mix well.
Serve in a bowl or a cone made from newspaper. Eat with a spoon.
This recipe was provided by a chef, restaurant or culinary professional and may have been scaled down from a bulk recipe. The Food Network Kitchens chefs have not tested this recipe, in the proportions indicated, and therefore, we cannot make any representation as to the results.