Jimmy's Habibi Kabobs
- 2 pounds ground veal
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 3 tablespoons bread crumbs
- 2 large eggs, beaten lightly
- 2 teaspoons finely minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons minced gingerroot
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh oregano, or 1 teaspoon dried oregano, crumbled
- 1/2 teaspoon herbes de Provence
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon pepper seasoning
- 1 lemon, juiced, or to taste
- Assorted vegetables, such as green or red bell pepper, cherry tomatoes, zucchini, and onion, all cubed except tomatoes, for the kabobs, as desired
- Vegetable oil
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
In a bowl combine the veal, parsley, bread crumbs, eggs, garlic, gingerroot, coriander, oregano, herbes de Provence, lemon pepper, lemon juice, and salt. With dampened hands, form the mixture into meatballs, each about 2 inches in diameter.
Arrange 4 meatballs interspersed with vegetables of choice, except tomatoes, on six long skewers and place in a baking pan. Brush kabobs with vegetable oil.
Bake the kabobs for 20 minutes, or until juices run clear. If desired, add cherry tomatoes and place under a preheated broiler about 3 to 4 inches from the heat for 2 to 3 minutes, turning, until golden brown.