Kentucky Chocolate Chip Pecan Pie
- 1/2 cup pecans
- 1 unbaked 9-inch pie crust, homemade or store-bought
- 8 ounces (2 sticks) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2/3 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon bourbon
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Vanilla ice cream, whipped cream and chocolate syrup, for serving
Transfer the pie crust to a 9-inch pie plate.
Combine the butter, granulated sugar and brown sugar in the bowl of a stand mixer. Cream them together on medium-high speed until light and fluffy, 2 to 3 minutes. Reduce the speed to low; add the eggs, bourbon and vanilla and continue mixing until incorporated. Add the flour and salt and stir until just combined. Fold in the chocolate chips and pecans.
Spread the batter into the prepared pie crust and smooth the top. Bake until the center is set but still moist when pricked with a toothpick, about 35 minutes. (Do not overcook.) Cool the pie on a wire rack for 15 minutes. Serve warm with vanilla ice cream, whipped cream and a drizzle of chocolate syrup.