Latin Cabbage and Corn Salad
FOR THE DRESSING:
- 2 limes, juiced
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 20 grinds fresh black pepper
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
FOR THE SALAD:
- 1 small head green cabbage, trimmed, cored, and shredded
- 1/2 small head red cabbage, trimmed, cored, and shredded
- 1 (15-ounce) can corn kernels
- 1 bunch fresh cilantro, washed, dried, and finely chopped
- 1 bunch scallions, washed, dried, and thinly sliced into rounds
Make the dressing by whisking all the ingredients together in a small bowl. Toss all the salad ingredients together in a large mixing bowl.
Just before serving, toss the salad with the dressing. Keep refrigerated and covered until ready to use.