Baby Vegetable Jumble
- 8 baby carrots
- 6 radishes, halved
- 1 cup/about 175 g shelled peas
- 4 ounces/110 g snow peas
- 4 ounces/110 asparagus
- 4 ounces/110 yellow beans
- 4 ounces/110 baby turnips
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- A few handfuls of chopped fresh herbs (chives, tarragon, parsley, chervil...)
Bring a large pot of water to the boil. Blanch all the vegetables separately, in order of color (like laundry). Refresh each in iced water. Drain.
In a large skillet, melt the butter. Toss the vegetables together just to warm them through. Season them with salt and pepper and toss with the herbs. Serve.