Honey Fleur de Lys
- 3/4 cup, plus 2 tablespoons/200 g butter
- 3/4 cup, plus 2 tablespoons/185 g sugar
- 3 tablespoons unpasteurized honey
- 2 cups/250 g flour
- 1 1/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
In a mixing bowl, cream together the butter and sugar, then add the honey. In a separate bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, and cinnamon and stir in the butter mixture until the dough is smooth. Heat the oven to 350 degrees F.
Roll the dough out about 1/4-inch/1/2 cm thick and cut out the shapes with your favorite cookie-cutter. Place on a baking sheet and bake until crisp and browned, about 12 minutes. Cool on racks and store in an airtight container.