- 2 pounds bacon
- 1 pig foot
- 1 whole ham hock
- 1 cured pig neck
- 1 whole savoy cabbage, quartered, cored, and each section quartered again
- 1/2 white cabbage, quartered, and then each quarter halved
- White vinegar
- 2 teaspoons crushed white peppercorns
- 1 tablespoon juniper berries
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 cloves
- 6 small cabbage-stuffed sausages
- 6 Strasbourg sausages
- 5 small turnips, peeled and quartered
- 3 carrots, halved and then cut lengthwise into quarters
- 3 cloves garlic, halved, germs removed
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 1 extra-large or 3 regular pork sausages
- Bread, for dipping
Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Immerse the bacon, pig foot, ham hock and pig neck and boil for about 1 hour.
Wash all the cabbages, add a touch of vinegar, and then drain. Combine the peppercorns, juniper berries, cumin, bay leaves and cloves in a cheesecloth and tie string around the top to make a bouquet garni.
To serve, arrange the meats and vegetables on a platter and reserve the bouillon from the meats to dip bread in.