- 2 shallots, julienned using a mandolin
- 2 tomatoes, julienned using a mandolin
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh chives, finely chopped
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 baguette, cubed
- 1 cup milk
- 1/3 cup white wine
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 whole fera fish, cleaned, or trout or cod
- 1 heaping tablespoon pink peppercorns
- 3 to 4 slices lemon
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
Mix together the shallots and tomatoes in a bowl, and then add the parsley and chives and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
Soak the baguette cubes briefly in the milk in a large mixing bowl until the milk has been absorbed and the bread is soft. Pour in the white wine. Mix the bread mixture into the tomato mixture and add the olive oil.
Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and place the fish on top. Stuff the fish generously with the tomato and bread mixture, then sprinkle the pink peppercorns on top of the fish. Sprinkle with salt and place the sliced lemons on top. Wrap the fish in the aluminum foil and bake in the oven, about 30 minutes.
NotesCook's Note: When adding white wine to the bread and milk mixture, be careful not to add too much wine to prevent the milk from curdling.
A viewer or guest of the show, who may not be a professional cook, provided this recipe. The Food Network Kitchens chefs have not tested this recipe and therefore, we cannot make representation as to the results.