Lily's Nut Burger
- 7 ounces unsalted walnuts
- 7 ounces unsalted cashews
- 1 cup cooked long-grain brown rice
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 3/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 3/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Olive oil
- Pico de Gallo, recipe follows
PICO DE GALLO:
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
Grind the nuts in a food processor to a fine meal consistency. Add the ground nuts, rice, chili powder, oregano, paprika, cayenne, salt and pepper into a mixing bowl and incorporate thoroughly. Form 8 to 10 patties with the mixture.
Sear the patties in olive oil and flip. Then put the patties into an oven-safe pan and place in the oven to brown the other side, 4 minutes.
Serve the nut burgers with the Pico de Gallo.
Add the cilantro, tomatoes, jalapenos, onion and lime juice into a mixing bowl and toss lightly. Season with salt and pepper.