- 1 pound ground chuck beef
- 8 ounces Italian sausage (hot or sweet), casing removed
- 8 ounces grated mozzarella cheese
- 1 1/4 cups Italian bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup finely chopped sundried tomatoes
- 1/4 cup finely diced yellow onion
- 4 to 5 cloves garlic, minced (1 1/2 tablespoons)
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- Coarse sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 4 ounces (1/2 cup) tomato sauce
- 2 ounces (1/4 cup) dry red wine
For the meatloaf:
Preheat the oven to 370 degrees F.
Combine the ground chuck, Italian sausage, mozzarella cheese, bread crumbs, sundried tomatoes, yellow onion, minced garlic, oregano, basil, 1 teaspoon salt, 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, eggs, tomato sauce, and red wine in a large bowl and mix well.
Grease individual cupcake foil containers or cupcake pan (or can be made in one large loaf pan). Divide the raw mixture evenly among the containers.
Bake for 30 minutes, cool and remove from mold.
When ready to eat or serve, reheat until the internal temperature of the meatloaf reaches 165 degrees F.
This recipe was provided by professional chefs and has been scaled down from a bulk recipe provided by a restaurant. The Food Network Kitchens chefs have not tested this recipe, in the proportions indicated, and therefore, we cannot make any representation as to the results.
To make topping:
Mix the cooked, drained, and cooled pasta with the marinara sauce of your choice. Portion the pasta into 1/2 cup servings for the meatloaf cupcakes. Place on tops of cooled meatloaf and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and dried Italian spices, to taste.