Lobster and Hearts of Palm Salad with Avocado Buttermilk Dressing
- 1 head red leaf lettuce
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 (14-ounce) jar hearts of palm, drained and sliced on a bias
- 2 (1-pound) lobsters, steamed, meat removed and coarsely chopped
- Avocado-Buttermilk Dressing, recipe follows
Arrange the lettuce on a plate, add the cherry tomatoes, red onion and sliced hearts of palm. Toss the lobster meat with a little of the avocado dressing; place the lobster salad in the middle of the plate, drizzle with the remaining Avocado-Buttermilk dressing.
Combine all the ingredients in a blender and blend on high speed until smooth, scraping down the sides as needed. Adjust the seasoning, to taste.
Transfer to a bowl, cover, and refrigerate until ready to use. (The dressing can be made up to 4 hours in advance.)
Yield: 1 3/4 cups