- 2 pounds clarified butter
- One 6-ounce Maine lobster tail, shelled
- 1 pound (4 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley, plus more for serving
- 1 tablespoon pastis, such as Pernod
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh tarragon
- 2 slices Havarti cheese
- 1 cup shredded cheese blend, preferably Swiss, mozzarella and Parmesan
- 6 crostinis
- White truffle oil, for drizzling
- Freshly grated Grana Padano cheese, for serving
Special equipment: a cast-iron escargot pan
Preheat the oven to 500 degrees F.
Slice the cooled lobster tail into six 1-ounce pieces and place them in a cast-iron escargot pan. Spread a generous amount of the herb butter over the top of the pan until it is completely covered and smooth. (Reserve the remaining butter for another use.) Top the butter with the Havarti and shredded cheese.
Place the pan in the oven and cook until the cheese is golden brown and bubbling, about 12 minutes.