Fettuccine with Lobster alla Pantelleria
- 2 1-1/2 pound lobsters, steamed and cooled
- 1/2 cup mint leaves
- 1/2 cup basil leaves
- 1 cup parsley leaves
- 2 cloves garlic
- 4 tablespoons capers, drained
- 4 medium plum tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 1 tablespoon crushed red pepper
- 1 tablespoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 pound fettuccine
Bring 6 quarts water to boil and add 2 tablespoons salt.
Crack lobster shells and remove meat. Cut tail into 1/2-inch slices and claws into 3 pieces. Set aside tomalley. In a blender, mix mint, basil, parsley, garlic, capers, tomatoes, black and red pepper and extra virgin olive oil to form smooth paste. If needed, add a little more olive oil. Pour pesto and lobster into large serving bowl.