Lamb and Potato Sausages: Schiacciatine di Agnello e Patate
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled and crushed
- 1 1/2 tablespoons rosemary leaves
- 1 tablespoon coarse sea salt
- 2 ounces pancetta
- 1 pound lamb leg, finely chopped or ground
- 5 ounces fresh pork fat, ground
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 4 medium potatoes, boiled, peeled and mashed
- 1 (1-inch stick) cinnamon, ground
- 1/3 cup dry white wine
- Extra-virgin olive oil
In a large bowl, combine the paste with all the other ingredients except the wine and olive oil, mixing and kneading with your hands. Add the wine, blending thoroughly. Cover the mixture tightly with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight.
Brush lightly with olive oil and grill for five minutes on each side, or pan-saute in olive oil, 5 minutes per side.